Music and movement is good for kids for so many reasons. Not only is it just a fun activity that most kids enjoy, but it can help them practice taking turns or sharing if instruments are involved. It can help in expressing creativity and problem solving skills as well as following instructions. Here are some of our kids’ favorite songs to move/dance to:
- The party freeze dance song by the Kiboomers – This is one of my kids’ absolute favorite songs to dance to. Our local library plays it every week at toddler time.
- The animal freeze dance song by the Kiboomers – This is a fun variation of the first song listed and another favorite!
- I Know a Chicken by the Laurie Berkner Band – Be sure to get out some shaker eggs or maracas for this song! Our library also plays this one for toddler time!
- Heads Shoulders Knees and Toes by the Kiboomers – It is hilarious to watch my kids try to do the actions to this song, especially as it starts to pick up speed!
- Shake by We Kids Rock – This is another song that you’re going to need those shaker eggs for!
- Jiggle your Scarf by Judi Cranston – Get some scarves or small blankets out for your kids to jiggle along with this song!
- We’re going on a Bear Hunt by the Kiboomers – Add some fun actions to this song to make it extra fun!
- Shake your Sillies Out by The Learning Station – A fun song to help your kids get those sillies and crazies out and get moving!
- The Tooty Ta song by the Kiboomers – This hilarious song is sure to get your kids laughing as they repeat the actions!
- Wiggy Wiggy Wiggles by Hap Palmer – This is a fun song that encourages your kids to get those wiggles out!
- Wheels on the Bus by Cocomelon – This classic song is fun to do with your kids along with the actions for each part!
- Cha Cha Slide by Kidz Bop – I was just dancing to this song with my kids the other night. It’s a fun one that even parents won’t mind dancing along to and it’s a great way to practice right and left with your kids! It is a bit fast pace for my kids to follow along but they have fun just trying to copy what I’m doing.
Leave a Reply